Concept/Branding Artist - Games
Concept Artists play an important role at Embark, not just to work with initial concept work and pitches, but also to help align the team and enable the team to reach the vision and direction. They work with all crafts and other parts of the organization to visualize and help Embark to excel. We see the Concept Artist as a role that is deeply embedded in the team; involved in every step of game creation: from the start of the concept exploration, to marketing and communication, to bug fixes, polish and paintovers and to working close to gamers in the live phase of the game. Due to the versatile and cross-disciplinary nature of a Concept Artist, they need to work closely with other crafts and have great communication and collaboration skills. A Concept Artist at Embark needs previous experience within game development to understand the limitations of real time entertainment, great understanding of art, architecture, anatomy, nature, composition, lighting, colour theory, materials and composition.
Examples of responsibilities
- Digital painting and concept discovery
- Concepts and blueprints for asset creation and production
- Compile reference images to align and guide the team to success
- Create moodboards and collect reference material to reach the direction presented by directors
- Create paintovers to guide and direct the team
- Create marketing and communication assets
- Create visual mockups for a wide range of items and needs
- Play the game, participate in playtests and provide feedback
- Create plans for content production for the level
- Work with and review content from relevant external partners
We would love if you have
- Minimum 3 years of relevant professional concept art experience
- Excellent visual skill set and deep artistic understanding and knowledge
- Follow directions and deliver to quality from a visual, game play and technical perspective
- Always work to support the product, game and the team, not to make pretty pictures
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Understanding of the technical aspects of the game, memory and performance
- Great understanding of the the game play experience of the game
- Great appreciation and knowledge for visuals within multiple mediums, such as games, fashion, nature, architecture and movies
- Estimate tasks and time, update plans, and deliver content to quality according to directions
- Be a role model, culture carrier and spokesperson for Embark
At Embark we offer competitive salaries, passionate colleagues to share knowledge with and much more, but most of all we invite you to take part of a journey into the unknown, to build creative, surprising and beautiful experiences together.
We welcome game makers of all sex, class, colour, age, gender identity, education, religion, opinion, culture, nation of origin, language, sexual orientation, shape, size, and ability.
Did we leave anyone out? Well, we welcome you, too! We think that the gaming industry is made better when everyone has a seat at the table.
Be yourself at Embark and make games while doing so. Please apply with confidence. We can’t wait to hear from you (in English)!
If this role doesn't quite match what you're looking for, feel free to apply to us via our " Open Application. (https://www.embark-studios.com/jobs/278181-game-maker-open-application)"
Embark Studios AB
Annonsen publicerades 8 February 2024. Annonsören är ansvarig för innehållet i annonsen. Annons-ID: 9gXie.