Would you like to join us in developing features that allow players to experience exploration in a fantastic open-world environment, wherever they are? Avalanche Studios Group and its creative self-publishing division, Expansive Worlds are looking for an experienced Environment Artist to bring amazing and realistic environments into our worlds. The role is based out of the beautiful city of Malmö in Sweden, and we offer a hybrid working setup.
More about the role
As an Environment Artist with Avalanche Studios Group, you are responsible for crafting visually stunning and immersive environments for players to explore and interact with. Collaborating closely with various disciplines, you will be instrumental in creating high-quality environmental structures and props that enhance gameplay and contribute to world-building. Your responsibilities encompass the entire asset creation process, from conceptual mockups through modeling and texturing, to the final implementation and placement within the game environment.
Effectively addressing large and diverse problem sets is a key expectation of this role, and you are expected to approach challenges with autonomy and efficiency. Additionally, the ideal candidate is not only supportive but also actively contributes to the ongoing learning and development of the broader team and peers.
What you'll do
- Responsible for creating high-quality environmental assets, props, structures and level art.
- Involved in driving the quality benchmark for your discipline whilst managing your time to meet the project’s deadlines, vision, and goals.
- Collaborate with artists and other disciplines to ensure that the environments are optimized for performance and memory usage, while maintaining visual fidelity.
- Provide support, guidance, and feedback to your peers, fostering a collaborative and inclusive work environment.
- Come up with creative ideas and solutions aligned with the project vision.
- Share knowledge and expertise within your discipline, creating synergies across departments for continuous improvement.
Who you are
- Extensive experience as an environment artist, demonstrated through a strong portfolio showcasing your artistic skills.
- Strong sense of ownership of the art pipeline, taking responsibility for assets from initial creation to implementation in the engine.
- Excellent modeling, texturing and shader skills using industry-standard tools like Autodesk Maya, Substance Painter/Designer, Zbrush and Adobe Photoshop (or equivalent).
- Great communication and collaboration skills.
- A great sense of technical know-how and problem-solving.
- Deep artistic understanding of composition and visual storytelling.
- Ability to give and receive constructive feedback.
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills in English.
The Malmö location
You’ll find us in a standout building from 1958, just a stone’s throw from the Central Station. Within these walls, the American dream was leveraged to sell muscle cars more than half a century ago. Today, the location balances Avalanche Studios Group’s industrial, high-octane heritage with a bright and homey vibe featuring resident dogs and patio-grown chilies.
At Avalanche Studios Group, we create worlds beyond limits. But that’s not exclusive to our games, so we’re committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. All Avalanchers have a shared responsibility to create an open work environment where everyone is treated equally and respectfully. Being part of our world is not contingent on your heritage, your gender, or sexual orientation. It’s all about your passion and creativity.
How to apply
To apply for this position, please register below and provide your CV in English and an art portfolio showcasing your artistic skills. We review applications continuously. All further studio-related information is provided under a non-disclosure agreement.
Datumet har passerat
Fatalist Development AB
Annonsen publicerades 9 February 2024. Annonsören är ansvarig för innehållet i annonsen. Annons-ID: 9Nff5.