Experienced Technical Artist
We are looking for an Experienced Technical Artist to join our newest game team. You will work closely with our game designers, artists and programmers to create high quality and performant game environments.
You will be responsible for shader development, building functional environment assets and improving the environment and character art production pipeline.
Our team and work environment is highly agile, collaborative and creative, thus it gives the individual team members a lot of influence along with responsibility. You have a central role in our production and will act as a performance evangelist. You will tie disciplines together and improve the overall workflow in our project. We are at the beginning of something exciting, and we need you to be an excellent problem solver with strong communication skills. We hope that you thrive in working in a highly creative and collaborative work environment!
What we offer
Here at Fatshark, we do what we love most: design high-profile games for PCs and consoles. We offer you:
- A playful, friendly and inclusive work place
- Hands-on production environment with an emphasis on cooperative/multiplayer games
- Opportunities for personal growth with varied projects, experienced co-workers and recurring hack weeks
- Regulated flex time and paid overtime
- Occupational pension
- Wellness benefits and health checkups
- Bonus program
- Dog friendly office located in central Stockholm
What you'll do
- Making sure our game characters and environments are performant on our target platforms
- Improve our art pipelines and tools
- Act as liaison between programmers, artists and designers
- Create and manage high quality and performant shaders
- Assist in keeping content balanced; in terms of material, lighting and general PBR guidelines
- Build functional gameplay assets in collaboration with gameplay programmers
- Push for new technical solutions and content creation avenues
- A couple of years of working experience as Technical Artist in video game industry
- Previous experience and knowledge of Unreal Engine 5
- Excellent skills in graph or text based shader authoring (such as Unreal SG / Unity SG /HLSL)
- Great understanding of modern rendering pipelines
- Excellent knowledge of commonly used programming languages (such as Python, Lua, C++)
- Good understanding of common art workflows and their pros & cons
- Strong drive and good habit of organizing and structuring your and others work
- Excellent communication skills, including high proficiency in English
- A mentality geared towards problem solving
- Released games on current generation consoles
- Proficiency in 3D software (like Blender, Maya and/or Substance Designer)
- Experience in tools development
- Previously worked with procedural workflows
- Passion for video games
We are following the policy of working 4 days in the office per week, with 1 day option to work from home. The onboarding is being done fully in the office.
We look forward to review applications and will be interviewing candidates continuously until the position has been filled.
Start: ASAP 2023/ Q1 2024
Form of Employment: permanent, full-time
Datumet har passerat
Fatshark Studios AB
Annonsen publicerades 8 February 2024. Annonsören är ansvarig för innehållet i annonsen. Annons-ID: 2BbWr.